TLG Daily Bread Community guidelines
TLG Daily Bread accounts are intended for members to share original photos and video that they themselves have created, however embeds are provided to allow other resources to be posted with attribution.
These Community Guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a member of TLG Daily Bread . Don’t forget that your use of TLG Daily Bread is subject to these Community Guidelines and our Terms of Service.
Things to do
- Play nice. TLG Daily Bread is meant to be a global Christian community of many types of people, who all have the right to feel comfortable and who may not think what you think, believe what you believe, or see what you see. So, be polite and respectful in your interactions with other members.
- Only upload content that you have created. Respect the copyright of others. This means don’t steal photos or videos that other people have shared and pass them off as your own.
- Moderate your content. All content on TLG Daily Bread, public and private, has to be appropriately moderated and typically be Christian-based. There’s little point uploading non-Christian content on a Christian website, there are plenty of other sites you can do this on outside of TLG Daily Bread.
- Link back to TLG Daily Bread when you post your TLG Daily Bread content elsewhere. TLG Daily Bread makes it possible to post content hosted on TLG Daily Bread to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on dailybread.thelivinggod.online must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on TLG Daily Bread. This provides a way to get more information about the content producer.
- Enjoy TLG Daily Bread! This is your community. Celebrate your creativity, be social and share what’s important to you. See the world through others’ eyes, participate, find your muse, and expand your horizons!
Things not to do
Here’s the deal: We like to give second chances. However, when we discover you stepping across any of the lines listed below, we will take action, which may mean deleting your account with or without warning.
- Don’t upload or promote content that is clearly non-Christian. This includes pictures, quotes or verses from other religions including Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and various others. TLG Daily Bread is part of the TLG Network of Christian sites and has a clear Statement of Faith.
- Don’t upload anything that isn’t yours. This includes other people’s photos, video, and/or stuff you’ve copied or collected from around the Internet. Accounts that consist primarily of such collections may be deleted at any time. TLG Daily Bread also has a zero tolerance policy towards sharing adult or sexualized content of another person without that person’s consent (Non-Consensual Pornography). If you experience this, report it to us.
- Don’t show nudity in your buddy icon or cover photo. Only content considered “safe” is appropriate for your icon or cover photo. If we find either contains inappropriate content, we’ll remove it, mark your account as “restricted” and send you a warning. If we find you doing it again, we’ll delete your account.
- Don’t upload content that is illegal or prohibited. If we find you doing that, your account will be deleted and we’ll take appropriate action, which may include reporting you to the authorities.
- Don’t vent your frustrations, rant, or bore the brains out of other members. TLG Daily Bread is not a venue for you to harass, abuse, spam, impersonate, or intimidate others. If we receive a valid complaint about your conduct, we’ll send you a warning or delete your account.
- Don’t be creepy. You know the guy. Don’t be that guy.
- Don’t use your account to host web graphics or as a replacement for a content distribution network. If we find you using your account to host generic graphic elements of web page designs, logos, banners, icons, and other non-photographic elements on other web sites, or if you show suspicious upload behavior that impacts the stability of our servers, we will warn you or delete your account.
- Don’t spam. We don’t tolerate spam, deceptive tagging, deceptive photo titles and descriptions, resource abuse, or other abusive means to generate revenue and traffic to your photos on TLG Daily Bread or elsewhere. Don’t know what we mean by spam? Check out TLG’s Anti-Spam policy and Terms of Service.
- Don’t use TLG Daily Bread for unauthorized commercial activity. We would eventually like to offer tools for the community to license their works to others; if interested, Contact Us and we’ll work hard to get that part active for you. TLG generally supports photographer entrepreneurs big and small, but we don’t want to be a platform for your commercial activity or your business transactions, except for photos you enroll directly in our Marketplace (when it’s on-line).In your photo descriptions and on your profile page, you are welcome to link to your website or blog where you might also sell your work, but do not link directly to a shopping cart, checkout page, or pricing pages on other sites, and don’t list prices on your TLG photo descriptions.Your links need to be human readable (no shortened URLs) and they should be relevant to the photo, such as links to your website, to social media sites, or to your blog. Don’t turn your photo descriptions into link spam. Again, we enforce TLG’s Anti-Spam policy.
Oh, and one more thing:
If you see photos or videos that you’ve created in another member’s photostream, don’t panic. This is probably just a misunderstanding and not malicious. A good first step is to contact them via TLG Daily Bread Profile Email and politely ask them to remove it. If that doesn’t work, please Contact Us and file a Notice of Infringement and we’ll take it from there.
You may be tempted to post an entry on your photostream or in our public forum about what’s happening, but that’s not the best way to resolve a possible copyright problem. We don’t encourage singling out individuals like this on TLG as it could be seen as harassment which is against our guidelines.
If you don’t feel that you can abide by our Community Guidelines as outlined above, maybe TLG Daily Bread isn’t for you. We’ve crafted these guidelines to ensure that everyone within the TLG Daily Bread community has a good time.
The TLG Daily Bread team, November 2016